|Portrait Guide||Portrait Event Powerpoint||Price Sheet|
The Brookwood Way Church of Christ is located at 248 North Brookwood Way, Mansfield, Ohio 44906 and had our first Worship Service on Sunday October 31, 1965.
We are undenominational and have no central headquarters or president. The head of the church is none other than Jesus Christ himself (Ephesians 1:22-23).
Each congregation of the churches of Christ is autonomous, and it is the Word of God that unites us into One Faith (Ephesians 4:3-6). We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and his holy Apostles, and not the teachings of man. We are Christians only!
The word worship means "to adore" or "to pay homage." The New Testament describes five specific acts of worship for the Lord's church. These are:
1. Prayer - The word, which means "a pouring out," is a significant avenue of worship. The early church was a praying church (Acts 2:42). Prayers are to be understandable, fervent, reverent, and with God's Holy Will in mind (I Cor. 14:15). We pray in the name of Jesus (Jn. 14:12; 1 Tim. 2:5) to the Father (Matt. 6:9ff).
2. Singing - This singing is to speak, teach, and admonish (Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16). It is to be done with the whole heart (Eph. 5:19; I Cor. 14:15). The common term of singing, psallo in no way authorizes anything but vocal praise. It is a historical fact that instrumental music was unknown to the church for its first 300 years!
3. Giving - The early church supported good works through the generous giving of its members every first day of the week (I Cor. 16:1-3). This giving is to be done cheerfully and lovingly (2 Cor. 9:7). We are instructed to give as we have been prospered (I Cor. 16:2).
4. Teach - Imparting the gospel message is an essential part of worship. Paul told young Timothy to "preach the word" (2 Tim. 4:2). This word is never to be compromised (2 Tim. 3:16, 17)
5. The Lord's Supper - Every first day of the week, Christians are to remember the Lord's body and blood through the Lord's Supper (Acts 20:7). This is a simple memorial the Lord Himself instituted (I Cor. 11:23-29). We are taught to concentrate on the cross, and our Lord's great sacrifice for us.
You will find all of these items of worship included in our praise to Him at the Brookwood Way church. We strive to be disciplined with our time of praise, and so you can plan on each worship service lasting right at one hour.
You will not be embarrassed When you come to worship with us at The Brookwood Way Church of Christ, we promise not to embarrass you, nor harass you in any way. We simply want to share the world's greatest message: God loves us so much that He gave His Son for us on a cruel Roman cross. We all need Him to be saved.
Come and share a simple, but scriptural and loving experience of worship, devotion, and study. Come and see at the Brookwood Way Church of Christ!